Saturday, October 22, 2016

Devotional Review: Earth Psalms by Francine Rivers

I am not normally one to enjoy or get anything out of a devotion book, but I connected with "Earth Psalms" by Francine Rivers. It wasn't necessarily because of the subject matter - some of the allegories and lessons drawn from nature were stretched - but the beautiful photos, quick hymnal and Scriptural quotes, and specific lessons drew me in. Each lesson seemed to connect with a previous lesson - there are 52 total - encouraging me to rely on God's faithfulness and to live my life accordingly. I found simple, but profound truths in each entry. I find myself wanting to return and read through the book again now that I've finished it. The book is written to be a weekly devotional, but works just as well, if not better, as a daily devotional.

*Disclaimer: I received this book from Tyndale. All opinions are my own.

No comments: