Saturday, November 12, 2016
Review: Culture by A.W. Tozer
- Worship in everyday life as Jesus chooses to involve us in his plans
- Changing the Bible to fit modern sensibilities and why that does not work
- What the church should look like
- What the church does look like when shallow and modified for culture's sake
- Patient courage of the Christian
- The world as a spiritual battleground
- False security and wealth and position
- The modern church's wrong desire to do good without submitting to Christ's lordship
- Son of earth versus son of heaven
- The difficulties of the Christian life
- And more.
So this is a good book, but readers may learn more from reading these selections in their full context.
*Disclaimer: I received this book from Moody Publishers. All opinions are my own.
Posted by Wheeler Reviews at 5:11 PM